An easy way to WOW family or friends at your next holiday or dinner party…This was super easy, DELICIOUS and sooooooo yummy!!!!
What you need:
-1 Package of active dry yeast (2 1/4 tsp) This should be by the flour and sugar in your grocery store.
-2 cups of warm water
-1 TBSP of Gourmet Sea Salt or 1/2 TBSP of Kosher Salt
-4 1/3 Cup of Flour
- Add yeast and 2 cups of warm water into large bowl and stir together with wooden spoon.
- Using the same spoon add 1 cup of flour and then add salt. Mix until combined. Will seem a little lumpy and sticky. Then add in the rest of the flour one cup at a time. Stir until mixed. Will be very sticky.
- Cover with foil but leave a little opening so it can breathe. Let sit for one hour.
- Oil the skillet 10” or 12”
- Cover hands with flour and then sprinkle the top of mixture with flour. Take the dough into hands and and make into a disk. Its going to feel super sticky.
- Place in skittet and cover with a towel. Let sit for 30 mins.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Take a knife ad make a large X in the middle of the dough. Sprinkle olive oil all over the top. Sprinkle salt and rosemary as well.
- Bake 40 mind or until golden brown.
- Let sit, put on a plate and serve!
The first time I made this I cut it into slices and served with butter. Second time I served it warm with meat, cheese, olive oil and rosemary for dipping and we just pulled it apart.