Mimosa with Champagne and Fresh Orange Juice
Vin Brule (A warm Italian Drink) Can be served with Brandy or without. It’s mulled wine so the alcohol cooks off. Also can be made in a crock pot so people can help themselves.
Winter Citrus Arugula Salad (with burrata cheese): Arugula, Avocado, Broccolini, Blood Oranges, Fresh Mint, Navel Oranges, Red Onion, Sea Salt and Pepper. Tossed with olive oil, white wine vinegar and lemon mixture. Topped with Burrata and toasted almonds.
Blueberry Pancakes Bacon and Scrapple
A Smoked Salmon Spread: Served with smoked salomn, cream cheese, capers, cucumber, red onion, and and tomato slices. This will be paired with sliced homemade olive oil and rosemary bread (toasted).
Breakfast Pizza: This is so easy! Its a frozen pizza from Trader Joes called “Tarte D’Alace.” It is a flat bread that has Ham, Caramelized onion, and Gruyere Cheese. I will make this with two cracked eggs on top and bake. Its a savory breakfast pizza.
Vin Brule: I’m making mine in a crockpot because i’ll be using the stove area a ton that morning. Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
1 cinnamon stick
1 teaspoon allspice berries
6 whole cloves
2 750 bottles of dry red wine
3/4 cup sugar or you can use spiced apple cider
Thin slices of orange juice
Brandy (I only will add this to glass when someone requests it, not to the whole crock pot. The alcohol in the wine cooks off when its heated so its technically non-alcoholic.
- Remove the orange peel with a vegetable peeler. But in a square of cheese cloth with cinnamon, allspice, and cloves. Then tie it together.
- Put the sack in the crock pot and pour wine and 3/4 cup of sugar or apple cider, turn on high for 2 hours or until its simmering. Then you can turn to low. Your house will smell incredible!
- Put a splash of brandy on top! Serve in a cute mug with an orange slice and cinnamon stick!
Winter Citrus Arugula Salad (with burrata cheese):
Arugula, Avocado, Broccolini, Blood Oranges, Fresh Mint, Navel Oranges, Pomegranate Seeds , Sea Salt and Pepper. Tossed with olive oil, white wine vinegar and lemon mixture. Topped with Burrata and toasted almonds.
1 bunch of Broccolini
Bag of Arugula or 2 (I love Arugula so I feel like you can never have enough)
1 Blood Orange (Peeled and cut in rounds)
1 Naval Orange (“ “)
1 Avocado sliced
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
1 or 2 Balls of Burrata
- Trim Broccolini and toss in vegetable oil. Salt. Roast 450 until tender for 20 mins.
- Add broccolini, citrus and avocado in large bowl and toss with arugula.
- Top with olive oil and lemon juice. Toss
- Divide burrata ball and serve plated or on a platter. I use a platter so people can help themselves. Optional to top with sliced and toasted almonds.
Rosemary Olive Oil Toast:
This recipe is on a separate blog post on my main page. I’m going to toast this in the oven and serve on a tray next to the Smoked Salmon Spread.
This is actually a frozen pizza that beyond delicious. It has ham, gruyere cheese and caramelized onions. I’m going to bake it until its soft (but not done) then crack two eggs on it and bake until the eggs are somewhat runny but not overly runny. This is perfect to pick at with the salad!