I found this recipe on the Weight Watcher App and it says it serves 8. 4 points for 1 cup a serving. I made mine a little differently (for fewer points) but I still calculated it as 4 because it tasted too good to be less than 4 points…..But in all honesty, it’s really more like 2 points for 1 cup!
Cream Spaghetti Squash with Ricotta and SpinachPrint This
- 4 quart casserole dish
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Onion
- Grape Tomatos
- 2 Garlic cloths
- 2 cups Spinach
- 1/4 cup Part Skim Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 Cup of part skim or light mozzerella
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup basil (fresh if you have it)
- Preheat over to 400 degrees
- Cut squash in half (try not to kill yourself in the process, they are so damn hard to cut!) The put cut side down on a microwave save dish and cook for 12 minutes or until can be easily shredded with a fork.
- While the squash is in the microwave spray a nonstick pan with far free oil, add chopped onion and cook until golden brown. Then add garlic, and tomatoes until soft.
- Add in spinach and cook until wilted about 2 minutes. Keep stirring so it doesn’t burn. REMOVE from heat or it will burn.
- Remove seeds from the squash and then scoop out the spaghetti in strands. Add to cooling skillet. Then Stir in ricotta (you can use more that 1/4 cup–the WW recipe called for 15 oz (19 points) of ricotta but I only used 1/4 cup (3 points) for the enter dish and I thought it spread out really nicely. Mix in 1/4 cup of mozzarella (you can also use parmesan cheese) bail, salt and pepper. Stir it up until the cheese is evenly distributed.
- Transfer to baking dish and sprinkle top with leftover cheese.
- Bake until golden brown for about 20-25 minutes.