Parmesan Crusted Spaghetti SquashPrint This
- Spaghetti Squash- Cut in half and roast
- Italia Bread Crumbs- 1/2 cup
- Shaved or Grated Parmesan Cheese/ Asiago Cheese- 6 Tbsp (I would get a high grade cheese because this makes the flavor of the dish. I get mine from Trader Joes, it literally is one container of both cheeses shaved)
- Oregano - 2 tsp
- EVOL- 2 tsp
- Cherry Tomatos Sliced in half (I did a handful)
- Garlic- 3 cloves
- Onion- Whole chopped
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Fresh Parsley (I didn’t have any but it makes it look pretty)
- Preheat oven to 375 and cut squash in half. Place on a cookie sheet with tin foil (makes an easy clean up). Bake 40 mins or until you can scrape the inside out into strands with a fork. I take the seeds out after I cook it I think its easier.
- While the squash is baking put breadcrumbs in a skillet and toast them till golden brown. Add three TBSP of the cheese mixture and cook until melty. (Will be a very lumpy consistency). Then set aside in a small bowl.
- in that same pan, throw in olive oil and brown onion and garlic. Add squash strands, a handful of tomatoes (or more to your liking) salt pepper and oregano. Toss until the tomatoes are soft and them add remaining cheese. After that add the breadcrumbs mixture and toss. Sprinkle a little Parm cheese and Parsley on top and your ready to serve!!