For this recipe, I eyeballed everything. Just depends on how big you want the casserole to be. All of these ingredients taste amazing together.
Sweet Potato HashPrint This
- 1 pound sweet potatoes scrubbed and chopped into 3/4-inch dice (no need to peel, about 2 medium)
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt divided
- 8 ounces fresh bulk spicy Italian or mild Italian turkey or chicken sausage if you can’t find one of these varieties in chicken or turkey, use pork sausage instead
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil plus additional as needed
- 2 red bell peppers cored and ½-inch diced
- 3 medium green onions chopped, divided
- ½ teaspoon Sriracha
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- For serving: diced avocado non-fat plain Greek yogurt, shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Sautee garlic, onion yellow pepper until fragrant. Add ground turkey and cook until golden brown. Then add sweet potato and cook until soft. Transfer to a casserole dish sprinkle cheese on top and crack eggs. Then, bake until the eggs are cooked and runny (about 10-15 minutes).