Zero Point ChiliPrint This
- 1 pound package of ground turkey
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 Tbsp of minced garlic
- low calorie cooking spray
- 3/4 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups of low sodium chicken stock (or beef)
- 14.5 oz chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- You can add whatever beans you want, I didn't add beans because my husband despises them but if I was to I would add a can of kidney beans!
Start with your low calorie cooking spray in pan, add onions and cook until soft. Then add ground turkey and garlic and beans.
After turkey cooks for 5 minutes add paprika, crushed red pepper, and black pepper.
Once Turkey is golden brown add chicken stock, crushed tomatoes, and tomato paste. Stir and bring to a boil.
Cover with a little opening. Reduce heat and simmer for about 20-30 minutes depending how think you like it. If you want to thicken it up more, add more tomato paste.
I served mine with a huge dollop of fat free greek yogurt as well as halved mini bell peppers as my “tortilla chip” crunch. You can also sprinkle fat free cheddar cheese for an extra kick!